Sunday 16 October 2011

Outreach Planning

Hello Everyone!

So I know you are all really wanting more info on what we have planned for the outreach phase of our lecture, and I'm really sorry it has taken me this long to update you!

My school will be splitting into two teams for outreach. One team will travel first to Latvia and then to Russia, and the second will be travelling to Cambodia. Both of the teams will be focusing on un-reached people groups and people at-risk.

I am proud to say that I will be on the Cambodia outreach team with 7 other students, with the fabulously hilarious Jeremy as our leader. We will spend the first part of our outreach phase in Cambodia's capital city working with an orphanage there, and running a program for children at risk. We may even get the chance to teach english! Then, we will go out to a smaller city, where we will be volunteering our time at a hospice, and helping out with a few community development projects. I am really looking forward to our trip, because I have the opportunity to do some things in the world that will contribute to real change. We will get to share God's love by taking it to those who otherwise may never have chance to know it. We will get to demonstrate God's character by humbling ourselves and serving others.

The total cost of this trip will be around 3400 AUD. (1 AUD = 1 CAD). I currently have about 1000 AUD, so I still need to raise about 2400 dollars. If you feel called to give towards my trip please send me an email and we can figure out the best way for you to do that. Even if it's just $5, every donation will help!

If you would like to support me in prayer on this, I'd love to hear from you, because this is going to be equally important.  I want to set up a solid prayer network for my team, for Cambodia, for our outreach plans, and for our missions, and if each person who reads this prays consistently for  an aspect of this mission, I can't imagine a more solid foundation for a hugely impacting, life-changing trip. Again, fire me an email (nat_loves_pie@hotmail.com) and I'll give you a prayer topic!! :)

I will keep updating you on our plans as we get to know more of the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment