Tuesday 27 December 2011

Here goes....

Today is the day that I leave with my team on outreach. We set out for byron bay at 10am, and will arrive at about 10 pm. Am I excited? Yep, and a little nervous, too.

I have thought a lot about preparation in the last few weeks. If you had asked me in september if I was ready to go on outreach, i would probably have said yes, based on a little knowledge of Cambodia, and some passable people skills. Now, on the other side of my lecture phase, I can look nack and say that I was no where near ready.

The last weeks of this phase, I have learned so much more about myself, and I have been really focused on discovering the dreams and the vision that God is giving me. I want nothing more than to pursue those dreams with my whole life. If that pursuit looks like it has done in this season of my life - finding role models and a different kind of family to add to my own, studying God's character, being a hobo for a night (I will blog about this soon, i promise. It's a story worth waiting for!) - then that is exactly what I'll do.

I dare say, I'll go to the ends of the earth if He asks me to.

So as we head out, we go with the Lord, and we go with one another, and with a team of supporters, and we'step out into a dream that the King of kings has dreamed. We recognize the extraordinary, and we expect no less.

Please be praying for me and for my team!

No comments:

Post a Comment