Monday 5 December 2011

Outreach Update

OUTREACH IS IN FOUR WEEKS!!!

In only four weeks time, the lecture phase of my DTS will be over, and we will be heading out to our outreach locations. We are going to BYRON BAY for our first two weeks to work with young adults and to do some networking and evangelism, and then we are off to CAMBODIA. In preparation, my team has been learning about Cambodian culture. We've each been presenting on different topics such as food, family, and political history. As I learn more, Cambodia is finding a significant place in my heart. It's people have a super rich story, they are hard working, and they seem to value life. I can't wait to be immersed in this culture!!

I have been fundraising over the last few weeks, and have raised $2600. This is thanks to some very generous individuals, and to lots of answered prayers. I still need to raise $1400 by december 20th, so keep praying. If you would like to donate, it is pretty easy. Just fill out this form (and send me a quick email to let me know so I can thank you.)

http://ywamnewcastle.com/payment.php

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray about this!! God is so faithful and I can't wait to see Him come through and get me and the rest of my time off to outreach on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment